Increasingly popular among Christians of all confessions, the economic theory of distributism, often associated with Hilaire Belloc and G.K. Chesterton, is often presented as a Christian ‘third way’ between capitalism and socialism. This lecture outlines distributist theory and articulates a robust critique of its premises and workings.
- Edward C. Banfield with the assistance of Laura F. Banfield, The Moral Basis of a Backward Society (1958)
- Hilaire Belloc, An Essay on the Restoration of Property (2002)
- Hilaire Belloc, Economics for Helen: A Brief Outline of Real Economy (2004)
- Gilbert Keith Chesterton, The Outline of Sanity (2010)
- John C Medaille, Towards a Truly Free Market: A Distributist Perspective on the Role of Government, Taxes, Health Care, Deficits, and More (2010)
- Michael Novak, “Saving Distributism”, The Chesterton Review 10 (1):13-34, (1984)
- Thomas E. Woods Jr., Beyond Distributism (2008)