This lecture addresses these questions:
- What is the Divorce Ideology and what is wrong with it? Topics covered include divorce, non-marital child-bearing and third-party reproduction.
- What role has the State played in implementing this ideology throughout society?
- Does the Divorce Ideology contribute to human liberty or detract from it?
- What is a Christ-like response to the Divorce Ideology?
- Jennifer Roback Morse, Love and Economics: It Takes a Family to Raise a Village, (Ruth Institute Books, 2010)
- Jennifer Johnson, Marriage and Equality: How Natural Marriage Upholds the Ideal of Equality... for Children, (The Ruth Institute, 2017)
- Stephen Baskerville, Taken Into Custody: The War Against Fathers, Marriage and the Family, (Cumberland House Publishing, 2007)
Other miscellaneous resources:
- Ruth Institute Survivor Series of brochures, currently including these titles:
- “Children and Divorce,”
- “Children and Same Sex Parenting,”
- “Children and Donor Conception and Assisted Reproduction.”
- “Eggsploitation: the infertility industry has a dirty little secret,” film produced by Jennifer Lahl, Center for Bioethics and Culture, 2010. http://www.eggsploitation.com/
- Patrick Fagan and Aaron Churchill, “The Effects of Divorce on Children,” Washington DC, MARRI (Marriage and Religion Research Institute), January 11, 2012.