Examines strategies to improve the socio-economic conditions of inner cities in North America. Fragile urban infrastructures are often vulnerable to patterns that impede human flourishing. This lecture presents an alternate vision for personal and communal uplift based on local entrepreneurial initiative.
- Ismael Hernandez, Not Tragically Colored: Freedom, Personhood, and the Renewal of Black America (Acton Media, 2016)
- Shelby Steele, The Content of Our Character: A New Vision of Race in America (Harper Collins, 1990)
- Thomas Sowell, Black Rednecks and White Liberals (Encounter Books, 2005); Race & Culture: A World View (Basic Books, 1994); A Conflict of Visions (Basic Books, 1987) The Quest for Cosmic Justice (Simon & Schuster, 2001)
- Derrick Bell, Faces at the Bottom of the Well: The Permanence of Racism (Basics, 1992)
- Andrew Hacker, Two Nations: Black & White, Separate, Hostile, Unequal (Scribner’s, 1992)