This lecture addresses these questions:
- What is the Gender Ideology and what is wrong with it? Topics covered include varieties of feminism, sexual complementarity of men and women, homosexuality, and transgenderism.
- What role has the State played in implementing this ideology throughout society?
- Does the Gender Ideology contribute to human liberty or detract from it?
- What is a Christ-like response to the Gender Ideology?
Back to Course Schedule
- Simon Baron-Cohen, The Essential Difference: The Truth about the Male and Female Brain, (Basic Books, 2003), especially Chapter 6.
- Warren Farrell, Why Men Earn More: The Startling Truth about the Pay Gap, and What Women Can Do About It. (American Management Association, 2005).
- Steven Rhoads, Taking Sex Differences Seriously, (New York: Encounter Books, 2005).
- The Intersex Society of North America, http://www.isna.org/
- Statement of the Ruth Institute on the Department of Justice Guidelines to Ensure the Civil Rights of Transgender Students, Jennifer Roback Morse, Ph.D., July 2016. http://www.ruthinstitute.org/PDFs/Transgender%20DOJ%20Guidelines%20statement.pdf
- Sexuality and Gender: A New Report, Lawrence Mayer and Paul McHugh, The New Atlantis, Number 50, fall 2106. http://www.thenewatlantis.com/docLib/20160819_TNA50SexualityandGender.pdf
Founder and President, Ruth Institute